August 25, 2018
Traditional dentures remain a popular option for individuals missing teeth but may not always be the best tooth replacement option available. For some, ordinary bridges and dentures are simply not comfortable and may slip or shift when eating or speaking. Does this happen to you? If you wear traditional dentures, you already know the challenges involved, including keeping up with your usual diet. Hard fruits and vegetables like carrots and apples or tough to chew foods like steak can destabilize or even dislodge traditional dentures. If you are unsatisfied with your quality of life with dentures and want to return to eating, speaking and laughing with confidence, you will want to read the blog post below on why dental implants are the ideal tooth replacement solution.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a titanium post or rod that is surgically inserted into the jawbone beneath the gum line. The titanium implant fuses with the natural bone – a process called osseointegration – to mimic the natural tooth root structure and provide a stable base for a new crown or bridge. Dental implant treatment is generally completed in three parts over the course of several months.
Dental Implants vs Traditional Dentures
Dental implants provide maximum strength and support and can restore the ability to eat, speak and smile with confidence. A few benefits of dental implants compared to traditional dentures and bridges include:
- Replacement teeth mounted to dental implants will never slip or shift in your mouth, which is especially important when eating or speaking.
- The secure fit helps crowns, dentures and bridges placed over implants to feel more like natural teeth compared to other teeth replacement options.
- Dental implants offer nearly the same chewing power of natural teeth, so you can keep eating your favorite foods worry-free.
- Dental implants are custom-made in size and color to blend in seamlessly with the rest of your smile, making them almost unnoticeable to others.
Am I a Good Candidate?
With a success rate of approximately 98%, dental implants offer a long-lasting and reliable solution for replacing missing teeth. Most people make excellent candidates for dental implants, especially if the following is true:
- The patient has healthy gums
- The patient has sufficient jawbone depth
- The patient practices excellent oral hygiene
If you are tired of your dentures slipping or shifting in your mouth and desire a sturdy, long-lasting solution to rejuvenate your appearance and restore your self-confidence, talk with an implant dentist today. You could return to smiling, speaking and eating naturally in no time at all!
About the Practice
Dr. C.J. Landry and the team at Lapalco Family Dental have been providing quality dental care with an old-fashioned customer-service flair for over 30 years. For patients that want to fill in gaps in their smile, Lapalco Family Dental has the knowledge and expertise to provide dental implant treatment and implant retained dentures. If you are curious to know more about dental implants, visit the Lapalco Family Dental website online or call the office at 504-348-0080.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.