August 5, 2021
Aging is a natural part of life, and your smile will begin to show the years over time whether you like it or not. Fortunately, with modern dental technology, there are all sorts of ways that you can preserve the youth of your smile and keep it looking healthy. After all, you want to feel confident when showing off your pearly whites. Continue reading to learn about the cosmetic issues that occur over time and the different treatments that may be able to help combat them.
What Dental Issues Occur Over Time as You Age?
As you get older, you are much more likely to be faced with the following dental issues:
- Fragile teeth: Teeth can become more brittle over time, ultimately leading to chips and cracks.
- Worn teeth: Eating multiple times a day every day for many years will eventually wear down the enamel of the teeth.
- Crooked teeth: Your teeth can shift over time, especially if you have health with gum recession or other oral health issues.
- Discoloration: The enamel wears away over time and reveals more of the yellow dentin underneath.
- Staining: When you consume plenty of pigmented beverages, like coffee and red wine, your teeth will begin to show it. Using tobacco products can also cause yellowing over time.
How Can You Restore Youthfulness with Cosmetic Dentistry?
Just because your smile has started to show the signs of aging doesn’t mean that they need to stay that way. There are numerous cosmetic options available to help you achieve your smile goals. Here are a handful of them:
- Veneers: These are thin shells of porcelain that are placed over the front surface of the teeth to mask imperfections. This includes anything from discoloration to gaps. If you’re looking for a complete smile makeover, this may be the perfect solution for you!
- Direct bonding: If you have minor blemishes in your smile, like small chips, cracks, or a slightly misaligned tooth, they can often times be easily repaired with dental bonding. This can be completed in just one appointment and is very affordable!
- Teeth whitening: By getting a professional teeth whitening kit from your dentist, you can brighten your smile up to eight shades in the comfort of your own home! This way, you can get obvious results without risking your oral health via over-the-counter whitening treatments.
You feel youthful, and your smile should too! Talk to your dentist so a plan can be created just for you to give you the pearly whites that make you feel confident!
About the Author
Dr. C.J. Landry is an experienced dentist who has been working in the field for well over three decades. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the LSU School of Dentistry in New Orleans and has completed thousands of hours of continuing education in a variety of topics, including orthodontics, prosthodontics, and dental implant surgery and restoration. For more information on cosmetic dentistry or to schedule a consultation at his office in Marrero, visit his website or call (504) 348-0080.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.